• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

FREE cookbooks

Craig & Pierre have found a new home. I wish that eBay was this easy! Maybe if I gave things away there? :laugh:

It is almost this easy, and the more I do it, the easier it gets! I especially like selling books on eBay because you can type in the title, author, or the ISBN, and you will automatically get a description of the book including a stock photo for your listing. Click here to see the book I have up for bid now, utilizing the automatic description plus a brief addition of my own. Of course free is good, but now you can buy or sell a cookbook on eBay, to benefit the eG Society. Take a look here. (You can buy or sell anything on eBay now, as a way to contribute.) ...End of shameless plug. :smile:

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

i am in the process of minimizing and have some cookbooks that i can no longer use.  if anyone would like them, please pm me with your snail mail address and i will drop them in the box.  right now i have 4 available:

Lancaster County Cookbook

My Own Cook Book - Gladys Taber

Peter Hunt's Cape Cod Cookbook

The Luchow's Cookbook

I would rather send them to a good home with one of you than drop them in the local library book sale.

Hi. could i have the Lancaster county cookbook and the cape cod cookbooks, please?

Antwon Proctor

284 MLK drive

forsyth, georgia 31029.

ok, another book is gone - 'the art of the cookie'; i've added a few more to the list - thanks for helping me clean out my basement, everybody!

kerry

the book of bread - judith & evan jones

jams & jellies - lou siebert pappas

salads - elsa petersen-schepelern

hot & spicy latin dishes - dave dewitt/chile pepper magazine

ursula's italian cakes - ursula ferrigno

the complete book of herbs, spices & condiments - carol ann rinzler

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i was so successful in cleaning out my cookbook shelves last month, with the help of this thread, that i've decided to do a really deep purge :smile: here are a few books to start with, and i imagine i'll have a bunch more to add before the day is through. if you're interested in any of these, please PM me & we can exchange details.

yes, i'm a hoarder of cookbooks - can you tell? :wink:

The Classic 1000 Indian Recipes

Food Lover's Guide to Colorado - Eliza Cross Castaneda

Sorbets and Ice Creams - Lou Seibert Pappas

The Great Chefs Cook American - ed. Ellen Brown

i'm having SUCH a good time with this thread! - so here comes Purge #3 of my cookbook shelf :smile:

i just want to say first of all that a couple of these books are on the big & heavy side, so i feel like i have to ask for postage to be reimbursed - as a guideline, most of the books i send out (media mail) cost about $2.00, so these heavier ones will probably be closer to $4 or $5. i've marked the heavier books with ***, fyi.

ok, that said - here are the books i have to offer this time:

cakes, tortes & gateaux of the world - aaron maree ***

le cordon bleu techniques & recipes - fruit desserts

leafy greens - mark bittman

solo suppers - joyce goldstein

lettuce in your kitchen - chris schlesinger

big flavors of the hot sun - chris schlesinger ***

delicious desserts - good cooking ***

thanks! - kerry

i'm having SUCH a good time with this thread! - so here comes Purge #3 of my cookbook shelf  :smile:

i just want to say first of all that a couple of these books are on the big & heavy side, so i feel like i have to ask for postage to be reimbursed - as a guideline, most of the books i send out (media mail) cost about $2.00, so these heavier ones will probably be closer to $4 or $5. i've marked the heavier books with ***, fyi.

ok, that said - here are the books i have to offer this time:

cakes, tortes & gateaux of the world - aaron maree  ***

le cordon bleu techniques & recipes - fruit desserts

leafy greens - mark bittman

solo suppers - joyce goldstein

lettuce in your kitchen - chris schlesinger

big flavors of the hot sun - chris schlesinger  ***

delicious desserts - good cooking ***

thanks! - kerry

What is "Big Flavors of the Hot Sun" about, Kerry? I'll ask this question online in case others want to know too.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

i should mention that this book has probably been claimed already, but:

the book's cover-blurb says 'hot recipes & cool tips from the spice zone' - foods with big flavors (spicy hot, or strongly flavored), primarily from areas of the world where the weather is hot & the sun is bright :smile:

sample items: chicken chipotle quesadillas; grilled lamb chops with mint-chili glaze; cuban style yucca; orange-chili marmalade.

all books from the last posting are gone now - but here are a couple more :smile:

pilaf, risotto and other ways with rice - sada fretz

the complete home confectioner - hilary walden

kerry

edited to change books list

Edited by bluechefk (log)

so glad that you are enjoying the thread. here is the result of a purge of books that were donated at work. please remember that these were never in my count on the "How Many Cookbooks do you OWN" so please let maggie know if you have added them to your collection...

Best Honey Cookbook. Honey Acres Beekeepers

The Best of Martha Stewart Living... What to have for Dinner.

Christmas with Southern Living 2000

Christmas with Southern Living 2001

The Dione Lucas Book of French Cooking. Dione Lucas and Marion Gorman

Le Dome at Home. Eddie Kerkhofs

Southern Living Annual Recipes 1994

Southern Living Annual Recipes 1995

Let the emails begin.....

edited to say the michigan and potluck cookbooks are now claimed

Edited by suzilightning (log)

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee