• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"La Table de mon moulin"

cigalechanta

The day we ate there, maybe a day after Robert and Robert, he had piccata of lamb and piccata of swordfish. I was expecting rustic and interesting preparations. While the quality was fine, neither dish was interesting. I usually find better quality sword fish in the Bay Area and Provencal lamb "Chez Jonathan", another hidden address in a most charming village, was much better.

On the other hand, one does not easily find a 93 Comte Lafon Meursault Perrieres at 130 Euro. Also a 96 Mortet Gevrey Chambertin Champeaux for 89 Euro. I rated the first a 98 and the latter 93+.

Robert, the photos may be the most technically adroit ones ever posted. Thanks for the memories, too.

They're in focus as well. :biggrin: It does appear that he had the advantage of shooting in daylight.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have a current number for this restaurant? The original one seems to be out of order, and so far I have had no luck finding a new one. The French directory assistant couldn't find anything either.

Jean, note on this thread, Bob@nice lives in Rouret. Try emailing him.

The tel number I have is 04 93 77 39 30

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly....MFK Fisher

Where do I find his post???

He posted earlier on this thread as cigalechanta mentioned above. It is post number 5. If you go there and click on his user name it will bring up his personal information. You should have the option then to send him a personal message (pm) or email or both.

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"

Alas, the restaurant has closed. I learned from a cyperfriend's friend in Biot that J-P Silva has bought a restaurant for his daughter, in Cannes--no more information than that. I'm really sorry at the thought of never again experiencing Silva's cuisine.

Wow, Am I disappointed! Thanks for the update. I thought something was wrong when I didn't get an answer.

Edited by cigalechanta (log)

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly....MFK Fisher