• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Biltmore Room, Bouley, Per Se or Spice Market?

rich

Just the thought that rich may be responsible for my having to cool my heels at the bar is enough to make me find the practice objectionable.

Have you ever walked out of a restaurant that kept you waiting? My husband and I will usually give it 20 minutes max - unless the bar is awful - and then we'll give it maybe 10 minutes. I find that I enjoy a meal more when I'm not pissed by the time I get seated.

For what it's worth - at most really big deal restaurants these days - I have to give credit card info - and reconfirm 24 hours in advance. Robyn

there are also others whose wives are having birthdays and who would like to make reliable plans in advance.

And they have reservations at the other three restaurants as well. :laugh:

I can't recall ever making multiple restaurant reservations. Either I want to go to a particular place on a particular night - or I don't. I of course have had to cancel reservations before. Who hasn't (Tommy's point)? Heck - I've had to cancel entire trips because of family illness. SH** happens (especially when all your parents are in their 80's). But that's stuff you can't control. You can control the number of reservations you make. Robyn