• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Les Halles in DC

pork

...blah service.

Had the onglet again, which was god damned delicious. Service was iffy to poor. I don't expect a lot from a restaurant on a sunday afternoon, but at least offer to refill my drink, mmkay? Left less than 20% for the first time in years. (I'm an ex cook/waiter/bartender, so 15% from me is a "fuck you.")

• 8 months later...
He then began to cite a list of new problems which included the storage of a recipe book on a shelf that "could attract paper mites".

I guess that's it for the Library of Congress then. :blink:

Sorry you got hosed, but on the upside 80% of random blog commenters prefer Corduroy to Booeymongers!

"Mine goes off like a rocket." -- Tom Sietsema, Washington Post, Feb. 16.

Jeezus, Tom. I store my books on a shelf too. I guess my girls oughta watch out!

Where are you supposed to store books? In a hermetically sealed plastic crate in the depths of the freezer, where they're easy to reference?