• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tired of London

Is "Thailand" still open in New Cross? Seemed very authentic. I've never found a really good thai restaurant in the West End but Sri Soho isn't bad on Old Compton St. I'm sure others could make better suggestions. You could always do Nahm for the high-end experience.

Certainly is, and is still great, new wine list too (with things you would actually want to drink). Best Thai food I have had in london

Has the decor improved too and is it still as cramped?

Gav

"A man tired of London..should move to Essex!"

actually maybe a little off topic but isn't it true that 75% of all new London restaurants fail within their first year? Does anyone know if that statistic has changed?

As if that percentage has gone up maybe things in London are slowing down?

Maybe the first sign of an economic slow down?

See i think the problem is that most of the best restaurant sites in London are taken by all the large chains. And all the other destination restaurants have a massive PR budget so can afford to be in wierd locations. :)

"so tell me how do you bone a chicken?"

"tastes so good makes you want to slap your mamma!!"