• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

are there any Gay Lesbian Chef org. in NYC?

barawidan

Welcome to eGullet, barawidan.

I'm not sure, but there probably are such organizations in the New York metropolitan area.

A good place to check out whether a possible club or group exists is the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center on West 13th Street, which you can also access via the link above.

Regards,

Soba

There's a great organization for gay chefs, foodservice employees, and gourmets: it's called eGullet. I know for sure that our founder, Jason Perlow, is gay, and I think most of our senior managers are either gay or latently gay. I think I may be gay -- yesterday at the Big Apple Barbecue a redneck called me a faggot because of the pants I was wearing. So really we are like a gay site for chefs already.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I'm gay and so style-challenged that I need a Queer Eye visit, but even I can see that those pants are a fashion emergency.

:smile:

Jamie

See! Antony, that revels long o' nights,

Is notwithstanding up.

Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene ii

biowebsite

Not just gays either. We welcome all reviled groups here on eGullet: Jews, blacks, Tony Bourdain, Mexicans, even French people. Bring us your hungry, or however it goes.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Not just gays either. We welcome all reviled groups here on eGullet: Jews, blacks, Tony Bourdain, Mexicans, even French people. Bring us your hungry, or however it goes.

Don't forget Andy Lynes.

And my tip for the day is: no matter what you think of his pants or his sexual orientation, always be nice to a sweaty guy holding two cleavers.

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.

There's a great organization for gay chefs, foodservice employees, and gourmets: it's called eGullet. I know for sure that our founder, Jason Perlow, is gay, and I think most of our senior managers are either gay or latently gay. I think I may be gay -- yesterday at the Big Apple Barbecue a redneck called me a faggot because of the pants I was wearing. So really we are like a gay site for chefs already.

We're here, we're queer, get used to it.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

How about white, male, and American?

No, we don't like them. Not ethnic enough. Although if you are a redneck, you may qualify for membership -- please address Mayhaw Man and Varmint with your membership application.

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

We even take PASTRY CHEFS. What else needs to be said?

No, we don't like them. Not ethnic enough. Although if you are a redneck, you may qualify for membership -- please address Mayhaw Man and Varmint with your membership application.

Damn, I may have to leave then. But, maybe I can qualify with this information:

my dad was born in Georgia, I was born and raised in Virginia.

But wait there's more.

Apparently, my ancestors came over on the boat from Spain.

So how about now?

Damn, I may have to leave then. But, maybe I can qualify with this information:

my dad was born in Georgia, I was born and raised in Virginia.

Redneck.

Did you have on "gay" pants, FG?

b213.jpg

Decide for yourself.

Its not the pants that gives me pause, its the huge rubber gloves that implies deviancy and perversion.

It being gay pride month, I was wondering if there are any GayLesBi chef/cook organizations in NYC? I'm interesting on hearing people's thoughts on it.

-B

Welcome to e gay lot.

Arthur Johnson, aka "fresco"

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

Send the apps to Varmint. I'd be happy to take a look, but my mail box got run over when the sherrif was repoing my bass boat.

shouldn't that be runt over?

Edited by tryska (log)

Actually, some people say "runned" but generally those would not be the people who read eGullet (or read at all for that matter).

It's a useful word. Check out these useful phrases:

I'm gonna run that asshole outta here right now.

I'm gonna run for office so I can steal some money.

My truck runs great since mama rebuilt the engine.

My dog got run over by the garbage truck.

See what I mean. Very vesatile word, that run. Easy to spell, too. :wink::laugh:

Now. Enough Fun. Jon says to get back on topic and you can't imagine the havoc he will cause if we don't get back on it right now. :shock::raz:

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...