• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fri. 3/15. Are you going out?

Rosie

What are you doing this weekend? I have no idea where we will end up tonight. Tomorrow we are going to 15 Fox. This is a restaurant in a private house. We went there last year and had a blast. Sunday is up in the air also. How about you?

BTW--we went to see the twin lights last night from the Highlawn Pavilion. Couldn't see a thing. Also, they are filming The Soprano's in my development. They are using someone's house and our club house. We stopped there and

couldn't see a thing either!

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Rosie,

I've heard some good things about 15 Fox, please report back after the weekend.

I think tonite i'm heading to Nick and Stef's in NYC.  Rest of the weekend is up in the air, but i'll be in the Princeton area on Sunday, so maybe i'll finally get to try Delorenzo's Pizza (in Trenton).

-Go Blue!

I was at 15 Fox Place a year ago and we loved it. The concept of dining in someone's living room, the endless courses of good  food at a reasonable price and the fact that it is BYO makes for a great evening. Last year we were there for 4 hours and rolled out of the place.

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

We made a reservation 3 months in advance for a Sat. night. However, St. Patrick's weekend is usually quiet. We are going to be 6 people tomorrow. The dining room holds 12. One person doesn't eat pork and we told them about this when we made the reservation. This was my posting last year for our dinner on 3/17/01. I'll update next week. GO BLUE!

We had a wonderful dinner at 15 Fox Place in Jersey City last night. The restaurant is on a residential street, in a home that has been decorated in a Victorian motif. There are only three small rooms to dine in so reservations must be made months in advance. We dined in the dining room and couldn't stop oohing and ahhing about the furniture, knick-knacks and of course the food. The experience was so different than dining in a restaurant. Everyone loved the place, food and ambiance.

The dinner was a fixed price of $55 and unless you have a food allergy etc. that you tell them about before hand you have no choices. But there was so much food and it was so good that you will leave stuffed. We dined for 4 hours. BYO.

The following is what I remember eating:

Chopped olives on a wine biscuit

Home made pizza

Louisiana crab cakes

Melange of peppers including roasted, stuffed and hot

Frittata

Handmade cheese ravioli

Polenta with a tomato sausage sauce

Pasta with a basil sauce

Mixed greens presented in a fried cheese cup

Filet mignon with shrimp sautéed in wine accompanied with mashed potatoes, carrots and broccoli

A side order of broccoli rabe

Lemon granita

Biscotti and knot cookies

Warm chocolate cake oozing chocolate syrup with homemade ice cream

Homemade ricotta style cake

Coffee

Price came to $70 a person with tax and tip. It was  gracious dining with the most hospitable hosts. Put this place on your "must try" list. Phone: 201-413-1614

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Tommy--I am a professional eater. Of course I ate all of that.:biggrin:  Actually, I left some items off that list. It is comfort--not gourmet food and it is very good.It's a fun evening as the experience is so different.

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE