• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cicada Eating Contest Saturday, 6/11

Just a heads up, I think it's Lulu's (?) at 22nd and M, by Blackie's - they've had a banner up for a while which advertises a June 11 event featuring cicadas cooked by the chef at Blackie's, as well as a cicada eating contest. So if you're disappointed by their exclusion from the Farenheit menu, this might be something to try.

We've still got a full chorus going on in the back yard - the outer NoVA cicadas hit at least a week later than MD/DC.

"Tea and cake or death! Tea and cake or death! Little Red Cookbook! Little Red Cookbook!" --Eddie Izzard

They're still loud and proud in MD. I heard them as we drove to the Beltway this past weekend.

The more important question Jenny is

Are YOU going to enter the contest?

It sounds right down your alley!

:biggrin:

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

They're still loud and proud in MD.  I heard them as we drove to the Beltway this past weekend.

The more important question Jenny is

Are YOU going to enter the contest?

It sounds right down your alley!

:biggrin:

Riiiiiiight. :biggrin:

How about never? Never ever.