• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

City Food Paper

I know some of you don't care for this paper but the newest issue is out right now and you can find lots at the gov't liquor store stand.

They are now focusing on BC rather than just the lower mainland and there's a bio on Victoria's restaurant and food scene. I don't like paying the ferry fee but this issue have me salivating a trip to the island.

maxmillan:

Do you know if there is any way to access this paper or its Victoria equivalent via the internet?

I usually look for them upon my arrival in either city and despite the comments that they are usually plentiful at liquor stores and certain restaurants and food stores cannot put my hands on one.

Mind you during our last trip to Victoria I looked for that paper without success and then later noted that a whole stack were in the corner of Brasserie L'Ecole which we had been to our first nite....sometimes one cannot see for looking.

Merlin:

I'm not Maxmillian but I can tell you the both City Food and Eat have websites, but you can't get content from them. City Food has a daily column on its site: www.cityfood.com and Eat has a table of contents of its latest edition: eatmagazine.ca .

Barolo

Cheers,

Anne

I know that the lady dropped off a whackload of Cityfood at the Maple and Broadway liquor store on Monday. She just dropped off some yesterday at the Marpole (70th and Granville) liquor store. Granville Island Market gets a good amount of it too. I would suspect that featured advertisers would supply them, too.

As suggested by barolo, you can contact www.cityfood.com for locatons of the paper drop off and check when new issues are put out.

Last resort is to pay a $36 subscription fee to have it mailed to you.

Good luck.

BTW, not all liquor stores or other locations will have them immediately as it seems like there is possibly one person dropping it off in the greater area of Vancouver.

• 4 weeks later...

CityFood is generally available at Capers (Robson St, West End), and at Ming Wo (23 E Pender, Chinatown; there's a location in Kitsalano (4th?) too).

I wonder about the objectivity of stuff in CityFood. Is this publication more than the uusual tourist fare, where venues write their own descriptions and the result is little more then informercial?