• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bisque

tommy

I've been there for drinks a few times and have watched the food brought out -- very nice presentation, and the reviews from friends have been very good. One friend of mine in particualr has eaten there several times and just loves it.

Eric

I was there when it first opened - odd decor of nice wood bannisters and booths and then the upper half is painted air ducts/vents.  Anyway, the two bisques soups that I had were fabulous, and I had the king crab legs - they were as big as my arms.  The food was a tad pricey, but I haven't been back.  I think it's because there are no windows in the place.  And the waiter had no idea what was on the menu, nor anything about alcohol.  I surprised it's stayed open this look - the outside just doesn't attract customers.

Quote: from cheesy on 1:46 pm on Feb. 1, 2002

and I had the king crab legs - they were as big as my arms.  

looking at your picture there i see that your arms are very short.  that's not saying much for that crab.

at any rate, the lack of windows certainly is strange.  and i swear, for  the longest time, it didn't even say "restaurant" on the outside!  not a very welcoming building.

What was said about the addition of the word "Restaurant" on the building is true. I forget the story, however one of my friends know the owners quite well. Apparently they have a history in the business and very good reputation from their other places -- thus a following. When they first opened they were relatively busy from wehat I have heard (by word of mouth and their following alone).

Not sure about recently although I was there last week for drinks and the place was full.

Eric