• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

so WHERE is everyone going 10-11??

Kim WB

I know Rosie and the Perlows are headed to Blue Sky...I'm going to Rats.....I KNOW the old foodbytes folks and the other egullet Jersey Board members are going to be dining out on this important evening..WHERE are you going???  

To New Bern, NC!  We are leaving to FLY down right after work.  It is the Mum Fest weekend and there are great food stands and a marvelous street fair, with crafters and all kinds of activities for people of all ages.

Life is too important to be taken seriously.[br]Oscar Wilde

Kim, maybe you'll be more successful in getting folks to post than I was...  :-)

We've made reservations at Tre Piani - now we just hope my cold is better enough to actually go.  <sniffle>

Here's hoping someone will report on tonight's Dine Around in New Brunswick - as well as the other experiences from tomorrow...

Helena Robinson

Hillsborough, NJ

i work till 9 pm every thurs. night.  last thursday i met mr. soko at kroghs in sparta.   they collected additonal donations at the door and donated 50% of the all sales to red cross.  i have 100.00 of my 600.00 fedral rebate earmarked for this fund.  mr.soko and i have gone through and donated all of the 600.00 federal rebte to various groups - we felt it was the least we could do.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Chefette and I are going to make pizza at home and donate the difference between that cost--and what we might spend at a restaurant, figuring that amount might be more than the 10% many restaurants are donating.  If I could find a restaurant donating 50% or more, in my area, I'd do that instead.

(Edited by Steve Klc at 2:13 pm on Oct. 11, 2001)

Steve Klc

Pastry chef-Restaurant Consultant

Oyamel : Zaytinya : Cafe Atlantico : Jaleo

chef@pastryarts.com

Helena, Feel better..for years, Tre Piani has has a lightly battered, wonderful fried calamari...more like a tempura batter than the usual bread crust...with an awesome, but pungeant balsamic dipping sauce...try it,if its still on the menu. Iwas there over the summer, and it was on their lunch menu.

We dined at Restaurant Jocelyne for this event.....wonderful meal as always. {Beg for  slightly warm oysters gently poached in what may have been a mild buerre blanc sauce as your appetizer}. I was particularly impressed by the owners who had to turn people away due to crowding, but gave them desserts

to take home...no charge, but a request that they make

a donation [by check] to the fund.