• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Achatz leaving Trio.

sashimi

Rumours are floating around the culinary world that Chef Achatz is leaving Trio to start his own place. I'm wondering if anyone can either verify this, or deny its truth. Maybe ChefG himself could chime in?

Whatever the case may be, I think Chef Achatz is one of America's best chefs, and wherever he lands, I'm sure it'll end up being a roaring success.

There has already been some discussion of this rumor on this thread and I think it's best for the forum if we keep discussion of it there until we're talking about something more than rumors.

Thanks,

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...
Read it here (will only be up for a week, then archived, free). Make reservations now. Good luck to you chefG.
Dining Bombshell of the Year

Grant Achatz is leaving four-star Trio...at the end of July to open his own restaurant

Thanks for posting this yellow truffle. The rumors had been circulating for some time now. Very happy to see that his plans are to stay in Chicago.

End of an era...and the start of another. Wow!

=R=

Toldja ronnie :)

You and Emily (aka littlebluehouse) both :wink:

I had no reason to doubt you guys--just didn't want us to be the source of unconfirmable rumors.

But yeah, you guys scooped Chicago Magazine by a good couple of weeks, at least. :biggrin:

BTW, I just made a reservation and I'm thrilled to have a chance to eat there before Chef Grant leaves. I've only been to Trio once and it was before he arrived there.

=R=

Now Adaniya seems almost to relish his hunt for the next star, and considering that he’s discovered chefs named Achatz, McClain, Tramonto, and Gand, we have every reason to expect someone amazing will take over his Trio kitchen. “I have somebody in mind, and it will definitely be a spectacular contrast to what we are doing now,” Adaniya says.

So who do you think owner Henry Adaniya has in mind?

Don Moore

Nashville, TN

Peace on Earth

I was at the Kitchen Table having the 20 course Tasting Menu on Oct. 20, the night they got their 4th star. I had learned about them from eGullet reviews (you know who you are), and flew in from LA just for dinner. It, of course was great, and Chef David was an enjoyable tour guide.

I'm ready to make reservations at the new place. Chef G should give eGutteteers priority for reservations. :)

Da Captain

Captain Hongo

My mom just called me with the news. Here's hoping they do a garage sale like they did last time. I have some beautiful pieces from when they redesigned all the serving stuff as Achatz came on board

What do you mean I shouldn't feed the baby sushi?

The new Trio chef will be "a local name, a budding talent", eh?  Anyone placing any bets, hypotheses, or conspiracy theories?

Doug Sohn

Adaniya has been quoted as always wanting to open a hot dog joint although i very much doubt trio will be the forum in which he does it.

mike

Edited by mikeczyz (log)

Adaniya has been quoted as always wanting to open a hot dog joint although i very much doubt trio will be the forum in which he does it.

I would probably be willing to make the trip out to Evanston to have a Trio hot dog. ;)

Don Moore

Nashville, TN

Peace on Earth