• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

open kitchens in new jersey

downdog

Eccola in Parsippany on RT 46 has an open kitchen, great Italian food but very noisy and a mob scene.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

i was thinking of something like eccola/eccolaqui or blue sky; however i was looking for that same type of open kitchen set up in a place in nj that i have yet to dine.  

its great to enjoy a great meal while you can observe the kitchen set-up from your seat!

Calandra's Mediterranean in Fairfield has its pizza ovens and some of its kitchen in full view (low counter) of the seated diners.  Makes for interesting kid amusement.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

• 2 months later...

Fink's Funky Chicken and Ribs in River Edge has a semi open kitchen with a full View afforded from the takeout counter

A walk in box from the 50's and a smoker from the early eighties are a couple of interesting pieces of equipment that are visible as is the cooking line.  

finksfunky.net

fink <---- owner Fink's Funky

The best part of the Guiniea Pig? The Cheeks! Definately the cheeks!!