• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to eat After a show on Friday

Hi guys

Looking for some ideas on where to eat Friday night, we are seeing a show until about 9.30pm in Cambridge Circus so we could either eat near there, Soho etc Or as we need to get train at midnight from waterloo we could head back there for a bite..

So we will have around 2hours

So far i have been thinking of:

mon Plaisair

Mela - or somwhere else Indian or Oriental ?

Or

Baltic

Any Ideas welcome

Especially for after theatre meals ( Not Incognico or The Ivy as all been done b4)

Thanks

Sarah x :smile:

Baltic good as it seems to thin out later. Last time we eat there Ralph Fiennes and Tara Fitzgerald came in so you may even be able to celeb-spot.

How about Anchor & Hope(fully it'll be empty by then)?

Tell me more about this Macdonalds place !?

All other options sounding good, is 2 hours enough in places like Baltic

or the wolesey?

Are baltic's portions big?

What time does Anchor and Hope stop serving ?

Is it best to book if they have availiabilty?

x

Edited by sarah w (log)

I love Baltic although haven't been in a few months. Their portion sizes aren't teensy but they aren't huge either. I have never had to wait an unreasonably long time for food there so 2 hours should be fine. Make sure you book though.

Wouldn't risk Anchor and hope as too unpredictable how long you'll be waiting for a table.

I have been to Meson Don Felipe a few times which is just opp the anchor - reasonable tapas (not brilliant) but the atmosphere is always good. Wooden tables and seats. Not for a swanky meal though. Need to book there as well.

Have always, always enjoyed eating at Tas in the Cut, by Waterloo. How many restaurants with great meats also win vegetarian food awards. And great value buzz yet pleasant room.

All other options sounding good, is 2 hours enough in places like Baltic

or the wolesey?

definitly. jack was 30 minutes late when we were there and i am sure we could have had two courses rather than the one we ended up having in the time.

all this said, i didn't think the food was great, but it did remind me of the ivy (but without the slebs)

for a meal that i didn't really enjoy at the time, i find myself wanting to go back. very odd.

Suzi Edwards aka "Tarka"

"the only thing larger than her bum is her ego"

Blogito ergo sum

we have opted for Baltic, i walk past so often and have never been..

Looking foward to it

It is near to waterloo so we can run for the train if necessary

Definately want to try The Anchor but the no booking policy could have spoilt our

night..Meson Don felipe was ok when we last went but i have recently seen lots of greasy reports..!

We had a very speedy meal in Tas on borough highstreet once, i think we were in an out in an hour, through no choice of our own..

Thanks for the help

Hope everything goes to plan

sarah x