• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What won't you eat

Two questions:

1. Is there one thing you will not eat? We discussed ours here.

2. In this thread we are discussing weird things we ate when we were little. What delicacies did you enjoy?

Thanks

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

I won't eat Veal...partially for political reasons and partially because I don't think it tastes like anything. I'm also not into gizzards. My mom loves fried chicken gizzards...I do not. I will not eat a fruit rolllup...ever. That's just creepy. Ditto Chicken McNuggets. And believe it or not, I think truffles taste like moldy dirt. Yuck.

Oh, and here's a little culinary confession: given all the wonderful "gourmet" chocolates available in the world, my favorite chocolate confection remains a Hershey bar with almonds...hands down.