• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Eats nto go good?

In response to an earlier question, you said:

“I think that there are a lot of shows that come very close to being good but they fall short. I

should add that Good Eats often falls short too.”

Is this self criticism, i.e. a person is their own worst critic, or is there a more specific reason? I’ve watched all of the GE episodes, and I would say that it is a good show. It’s one of the few I watch on a regular basis.

And as often mentioned elsewhere, getting to “talk” with you is just the coolest thing.

Here's the thing...I'm slower than the average tree sloth when it comes to writing. Because of that the scripts I write are never all they could be and therefore the shows aren't either. They're certainly made better by those that I work with but I often feel as though I'm the weak link in the whole system. I've even recommended to the executive producer that I be fired. It really would be the best thing for the show.