• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Endorsments

Alton, I am away in Beirut, Lebanon right now and logged in from a cyber cafe to get a question or two in since the Q&A will be over by the time I'm back in the US. So needless to say I am a big fan and your show is one of the very few I watch on FTV right now.

OK enough blabber,

1-The show is great fun and very informative but there were many discussions on egullet about what some call the use of strange gadgets to accomplish simple tasks just for the sake of filling up the time alloted for the show (the bagel slicer/pork chop comes to mind). Which of these "corky" gadgets do you personally use at home?

2-What is the future of "Good Eats"? Will we see a few more seasons?

3-There used to be a tips and hints section on your website where you posted some that you recieve from your fans. What happened to that?

4- Did you ever fry a turkey or are you still against the whole idea :smile:?

Sorry for the many questions but I'm not sure when I can log in again. Thanks for taking the time to chat with us.

Elie

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

On gadgets: I actually use all this stuff and enjoy doing so. I’m not looking for ways to “fill up my time”. I may not be a creative genius but I don’t have to resort to stupid appliance tricks to get my job done. Why then the “rigs”? I’m a hacker at heart and I like finding different ways of doing things because in doing so, I find new ways of examining the job at hand. Do I really expect every one of my viewers to bolt a pasta roller to an ironing board? No, but I do bolt a pasta roller to an ironing board and I find it’s a darned good way to work. Ditto the bagel cutter.

Turkey fryers are bad. If you don’t believe me ask Underwriter’s Lab…they’ll tell you. So will Consumers Reports or any Emergency room technician.