• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Storyline

One of the things that some people on the board have said they don't like the about the show is what I tend to like the most - the backstories that you use.

My personal favorites have been the "Misery" (potato) take off and the pot roast episode with Chuck (?) in the trailer.

Do you come up with these mainly on your own? Steal them from underlings? Glean them from the e-mail sent to your website?

What were your personal favorites?

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

I've come up with the storyies for about...I don't know 95 of the shows. I work with another writer now and we basically split the writing chores...and we edit each other's stuff.

Thanks for your comment...I take the whole writing thing pretty seriously.

a