• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor/Aquarium/CvCenter

Get out of the harbor area. Anywhere else, basically. :blink:

I've always enjoyed the Helmand up Charles St. The food is an excellent value, but you better reserve now.

Their website doesn't seem to be working though:

The Helmand

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

Wow, thanks for the replies so far. Well, the type of restaurant we're looking for is casual and we're really not too picky over types of food, we're open to nearly anything. I guess in terms of price, our price range would be anywhere between 15-20 bucks on a main course. Also, I suppose we're a younger crowd, most of our party is in their mid to late twenties.

Edited by ellencho (log)

Believe me, I tied my shoes once, and it was an overrated experience - King Jaffe Joffer, ruler of Zamunda

• 1 month later...

The Wharf Rat has decent pub style food and good beer, right across Pratt Street. I'm also fond of their bloodies. If you want to take a little walk up Charles Street, Afghan Kabob is ok, at Charles & Lombard. These are the two closest independent lunch options that immediately come to mind.