• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Alternative Meats

Alton,

Have you thought about doing an episode on meats that are not as mainstream as beef, pork and poultry? My family has been cooking with bison (instead of beef) for about two years, and although it is 'Good Eats' it does require some different cooking techniques due to it low fat content.

What about game meats, such as venison?

If you can't tell, I've got a freezer full of bison, venison, elk, pheasant and few walleye fillets...

Thanks,

--eric

I've wanted to do a game related show for some time but the network has rightfully pointed out that not that many people eat game or can even get hold of it on a regular basis. I will however continue to push the point until they finally give in just to shut me up. (No bunnies though and no dear...that would upset the kids.)