• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Eats for the Young 'Uns?

Excuse me if this has already been covered in an edition of Good Eats that I haven't seen but if you haven't done this already, how about a series of "Good Eats" aimed at kids? Not high school students but those aged 11-15?

I know the adage. Don't work with children or animals but hey, in your show you work with animals (albeit many of them are dead) so why not break the second part of the saying and work with kids?

Imagine Sesame Street with a generous dose of food/cooking in the Alton Brown style. Ditch the adults in creature costumes though. All that fake fur with ranges, ovens and grills sounds very OHSA unfriendly.

Foodie_Penguin

How about instead of working with kids I just work with kid puppets? I like puppets. Truly, I'd like to do more kid oriented shows and will be producing 2 "Cook With Your Kids" shows later this year. I like cooking with kids...and I don't mean in a Grimm Brothers kinda way.