• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your competition/inspiration

Who else in the food media biz do you consider your competition?

To some extent Good Eats is sui generis, but I see some parallels between GE and David Rosengarten's Taste that was on TVFN concurrently with the beginning of GE. Any other shows on anywhere that you view as worth watching, if for no other reason than to keep an eye on them?

Christopher D. Holst aka "cdh"

Learn to brew beer with my eGCI course

Chris Holst, Attorney-at-Lunch

Dear CDH,

Although I try to stay hip to what’s going on re: TV, I’m not faithful to any show, food oriented or otherwise. I just don’t have the time and I don’t have a Tivo. So at best I keep “aware” of television. I wish I had HBO and BBC America but I don’t. I did buy the first season of The Office on DVD and that made me laugh till I cried. But that’s about it. I don’t really feel that TV is a competitive sport, so I don’t keep a look out for someone to kick me out of my job. Maybe I should though…

A