• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

looking for a restaurant in BC with a party room

shugga

I'm on the look out for a good, but not overly expensive restaurant(one of the girls is not employed at the moment), with a private room for about 50 people/ We have a bridal shower to plan for Aug. or Sept.

Any and all ideas will be very welcome.

Thanks.

Life is too important to be taken seriously.[br]Oscar Wilde

Is that like The O.C.?

Okay, minus the jokes I'm sure we've done a variant of this question before. We're looking for an affordible restaurant, with non-sucky food, which can hold a fair sized party.

Maybe we need a little more. Are we looking for any particular TYPE of food? Also, which meal--lunch, dinner or maybe brunch?

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

Assuming you can take over the restaurants for an afternoon I would recommend

La Tour or Village Green, Ridgewood. Both BYO.

America, Tenafly (might be too expensive)

Charka, Paramus (not sure if they have a private room)

Campania, Fair Lawn (they don't have a private room but if you are having the party in the afternoon you can take over the whole restaurant)

Tapas de Espana, Englewood

Basil and Vine, Elmwood Park has a private room downstairs

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

I don't know how budget minded you need to be, but I recently went to a bridal shower at a place in Paramus right on the Fair Lawn border called Good Times. I was hesitant when I pulled up to the place.... It looked like a diner. However, the inside of the restaurant was much nicer than the exterior. The shower was held in the back and was partitioned off from the rest of the diners. The staff was very helpful and the food was quite good. The person that organized the shower stated that it was extremely reasonably priced for the quality of the food and service received.

I don't know how budget minded you need to be, but I recently went to a bridal shower at a place in Paramus right on the Fair Lawn border called Good Times. I was hesitant when I pulled up to the place.... It looked like a diner.

is this the diner-looking place on route 4. :shock::biggrin:

that's the one. I was very surprised how nice the shower was and how helpful the staff was. We started the shower menu with a choice of soups, then you had a choice of cobb salad, grilled vegetable platter, or grilled chicken. Then there was choice of sorbets or cheese cake for dessert. It was pretty nice considering the person hosting the shower was on a very tight budget.

What about brunch at the Bicycle Club in Englewood Cliffs? I think they have a party room.

Even though I have been booed when I say how much I like Bischoff's, I know they have a cute party room upstairs at the Ridgewood location.

El Cid in Paramus has a party room, too. I haven't been there in ages.

If you're looking to spend a bit more there's The Assembly in Englewood Cliffs, Stony Hill Inn in Hackensack and Ho-Ho-Kus Inn. I was recently at dinner party at Ho-Ho-Kus and it was much better than I remembered it to be.

Good luck with your planning. :biggrin:

Janbee

Lover of Broadway, beaches and chocolate.

You could call a local Elks or VFW hall, sometimes they rent out rooms and have catering (you may have to help setup or decorate, but this will save you some money).