• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gazelle Cafe and Grille

tommy

• 3 weeks later...

We went last Friday. I had Mahi Mahi crusted with pecans and garlic spinach and a red cabbage side dish. My husband had steak, sweet potato roasted fries and roasted asparagus. The decor is warm earth tones with a bistro flair. Everything was quite good. I felt like I was eating healthy but indulging at the same time. There's an open kitchen. The general feeling I get from the menu is fresh food, not fried, no sugar or white flour. The menu tells you it's perfectly fine to substitute any side and they list the sides separately for this reason. It looks like it works real well for lo carbers. Except deserts which are quite yummy. I had a chocolate something or another and died and went to heaven. So much for the healthy eating :biggrin:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Since this last post made me feel bad about not having visited my former boss, the current chef/owner of Gazelle I stopped by today after work. Have you ever tried to tell a chef "no thanks, I still have to go home and make dinner for the family" Well it just doesnt work. We chatted while he fired a table of early diners, then he made me a turkey wrap with kickin chipotle mayo, avocado, corn, and romain, I skipped the tomato, and a bowl of red bean soup. We sat for a bit and discussed some new menu items like a Southwest style chicken pasta and grilled twin filet mignon.

Still had to go home and whip dinner out of thin air but I have half a wrap for lunch tomorrow :cool:

T

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Actually it was 2 posts, one was blank.

I like it, there's not many places in the area like it.

I'm trying to eat healthy these days and most restaurants

put too much white flour, butter, and not enough high quality ingredients.

Do you know any other places in north bergen county area like that?

Went to Gazelle last night with Rosie and Lowell.

All dishes were very good. This place should make it.

I've been back a few times. Each as good as the last!

Tried Gazelle today for lunch (sadly Silver Oak around the corner is not open for lunch on Mondays).

Had a decent burger, Irish smoked salmon & goat cheese appetizer and a Carrot & Ginger soup(which had quit a nice spicy kick to it). Really liked the soup, but had an odd experience a few minutes after lunch.

Paid the check and went across the street to Whole Foods and checked out THEIR soup bar. Sure enough, Spicy Ginger and Carrot soup was one of the soups of the day.

Bizarre coincidence or does Gazelle get their soup from Whole Foods and run it across the street? OR, even stranger, does Whole Foods get THEIR soup from Gazelle and run it across the street?

this is a decent enough place, but the burger seems to me to be pre-frozen. the texture suggests to me that they're buying pre-made patties. no noticable char and not very juicy either. it's a great neighborhood spot, and in that arena it competes quite successfully. it's really a shame about the burger, though.