• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hot Fabio Trabocchi Live Online

morela

Nice one Bill!

Reston, Va.: On the food Web site eGullet.com, there has been some discussion about whether your cooking can be considered "Italian" in its truest sense or whether what you are doing at Maestro is something different from or beyond Italian.

What is your personal feeling on this?

I am looking forward to having a first chance to judge for myself at my birthday dinner next month.

Fabio Trabocchi: What is Italian food? This is always a tricky field. Anyone of us has a different opinion of what Italian food should be based on our cultures, education and eating habits. I believe when I check my passport that I am still Italian :-) and that I grew up there and I studied there and I lived there and I have smelled and breathed sources, origin and historical references of this great Italian food.

some of these interviews are like listening to atheletes speak...they are so generic and unoffensive/noncommital in their responses.

"yeah, were going to go out and play the best we can...try to score more points than the other team..."

"all of the dishes are good..glad you liked it, all of our customers are the best..."

Nothing quite like a meal with my beautiful wife.

some of these interviews are like listening to atheletes speak...they are so generic and unoffensive/noncommital in their responses.

"yeah, were going to go out and play the best we can...try to score more points than the other team..."

"all of the dishes are good..glad you liked it, all of our customers are the best..."

I agree!

Also, so many of the questions overlapped.

Chefspeak:

" Looking forward to seeing you this evening! Please wave at me! "

Preemptive chefspeak in head: "awh shit, we're doing 190 tonight and that stranger from the internet won't leave alone..."

Chefspeak:

" Looking forward to seeing you this evening! Please wave at me! "

Preemptive chefspeak in head: "awh shit, we're doing 190 tonight and that stranger from the internet won't leave alone..."

morela....you are quite funny....

are you really fran drescher?

Nothing quite like a meal with my beautiful wife.

morela....you are quite funny....

are you really fran drescher?

I'm like a gypsy with teeth and education...I've got soul.

Mr. Rye, I believe I've met you before...

I look just like Demi Moore stuffed with goose liver.

(Don't worry, I'll never wave or come down to the kitchen)

Edited by morela (log)