• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ryland Inn

Steve Plotnicki

Thanks Bryan.

After all the drawings of molecular structure and explanations, it was hard to keep all of the scientific data straight. :) I do hope to work with him on a more in-depth piece in the future.

Jennifer L. Iannolo

Founder, Editor-in-Chief

The Gilded Fork

Food Philosophy. Sensuality. Sass.

Home of the Culinary Podcast Network

Never trust a woman who doesn't like to eat. She is probably lousy in bed. (attributed to Federico Fellini)

• 3 weeks later...

I heard that the ryland inn is great but that they have been running with the same menu for years. Where is the creativity in that? No knock on craig but dont you think a place gets boring after a while?

• 2 months later...

I am just starting to discover this site and think it's really great, so I wanted to make my first posting contribution.

My wife and I had been to the Ryland Inn a while back and we liked some things but didn't like others. We gave it another try on a recent Saturday and there have definitely been some changes. We thought there were a lot of interesting and well done food combinations like before but the service was so much better this time. Last time we found it aloof and quirky but this time there was a lot of attention to the table, and the head waiter and the wine service were standouts. The head waiter was very personable and attentive but didn't hover like at a lot of other top restaurants we've been to lately. And both my wife and I thought that it was very cool to be served by our first female sommelier. This cute little gal was a big improvement over the last guy who looked like Oliver Hardy and was hard to understand, and she seemed to be having so much fun talking with us about each wine that we couldn't help but get caught up in it too. It makes it easier to drop that kind of money if the service is on the same level with the food. Oh and the dining room seems to have been redone recently. I can't exactly figure what's different but it seemed brighter and newer. I just wish they would block some of the noise from the bar. If you haven't been there or haven't been back in a while, it's a must-try.