• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

summer party

andyabramo

Looking for restaurant with outdoor or very airy indoor seating for summer birthday party. Would prefer Sunday lunch or brunch. Looking within a 5 mile radius of Westfield......possibly...summit, maplewood, south orange, rahway,etc.

Any suggestions.....also want to keep it reasonable for approx. 50

Not in your 5 mile radius but Frog and the Peach in New Brunswick is excellent and they have outdoor dining.

Trattoria Fresco in Caldwell.

Arthur's Landing in Weehawken.

Huntly Tavern in Summit has a lovely party room upstairs.

Also liked the food at Verjus in Maplewood but they don't have outdoor dining. Lovely dining room though.

There are restaurants by the water in JC with gorgeous views of NYC. One that comes to mind is The Vu.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

I think a place that fits your requirements almost to a "T" is the Grand Summit Hotel in Summit. Set in a beautiful historic building with gorgeous grounds, they specialize in large groups, and have a beautiful venue with outdoor dining. While I would not call the place Haute Cuisine, the food is pleasant and acceptable enough for a large gathering (especially for Lunch) and the ambience will more than compensate for that. Check out their Web Site

• 3 weeks later...

Got distracted doing a graduation party! Still have my eyes open....want it reasonable and now not locked into outdoor.....but would like bright and airy feel.....by August I think we are all looking to be inside with the AC!