• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Ship's Inn

Kim WB

What a great little place! Took a side trip form Frenchtown, as we had heard about their extensive selection of single malts. Was delighted with their hand pulled draft beers..tasted the bitters and thought it was great..I had the traditional draft Pale Ale from thier brewery. It's English Pub food..the menu had some interesting dishes, shephard's pie and scottish eggs. We did not eat there, but it looks like a fun place to return to for a winter lunch.

Yep...what a great little brew pub. The food is good too! The Fish 'n chips are great.

Ive had inconsistant food there (the sampler plate was kinda awful..), but there's no questioning the superb beer. Top notch stuff, especially the Bitter.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

• 3 weeks later...

I would concur--I totally love the place but the food is hit-or-miss. Loved the stout. We liked one of the beers so much that we got a jug to take home but it was flat when we opened it the next day. Guess that's a tricky thing to get right?

Queen of Grilled Cheese

NJ, USA

:unsure:

I am stunned to find people that like this place. We stay at Chestnut Hill, a B&B about 100 yards away from The Ship Inn. We have been there twice and both times the food was terrible. (No complaints on the beer!). Also, both times it was empty. I don't think they do a great business. Just down the street is the Oyster House. A fantastic (mostly) seafood place. They have a dish called Crab Norfolk, basically a 1/2 lb. of crab sauteed in butter and cracked pepper and served on toast, that is one of our favorite dishes anywhere. They are moving around the corner soon and getting a liquor license. I highly suggest going there instead.

Jeff