• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Classic French Clafoutis

mnfoodie

• 1 year later...

Allrighty - back to clafoutis. The incomparable David Lebovitz recently wrote about clafoutis on his web site.

Forced me to go out and make me some. First, with local cherries. And then, with local apricots.  And in a couple of different cooking vessels, though all in my Cuisinart Steam Girl. But, I didn't bake them with steam. That'll be my next experiment, I suppose. In the meanwhile, I liked the cherry clafoutis I made in a cazuela best of all. And I only changed Lebovitz's recipe a smidge.

Clafoutis Season.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

Allrighty - back to clafoutis. The incomparable David Lebovitz recently wrote about clafoutis on his web site.

Forced me to go out and make me some. First, with local cherries. And then, with local apricots.  And in a couple of different cooking vessels, though all in my Cuisinart Steam Girl. But, I didn't bake them with steam. That'll be my next experiment, I suppose. In the meanwhile, I liked the cherry clafoutis I made in a cazuela best of all. And I only changed Lebovitz's recipe a smidge.

Clafoutis Season.

Love David! just wanted to share my goto recipe from Fanny Zannoti's old website foodbeam. Really excellent, This time of year plums are good in clafoutis, been getting some excellent ones this year. 

http://www.foodbeam.com/2008/03/26/hoping-for-happy-accidents-le-clafoutis-de-ma-grand-mere/

Clafoutis Season.

I think David Lebovitz omitted an essential ingredient - the kirsch!

I haven't tried his version but Anthony Bourdain's recipe in Les Halles is quite good.