• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The "Tongue Thing"

DonRocks

I dunno... back when I was in uni, I always found it an *ahem* impressive and useful party trick to use my (admittedly freakishly long) tongue to swirl the last drops of Bailey's out of the depths of a shot glass. I can, yes, also do the cherry-stem stunt.

But I don't do the tongue-fork thing. Wgh. Shudder. And wiping teeth with a napkin! That's why I stick to the indelible lipsticks, when I lipstick at all.

Speaking of napkin jibblies -- anyone else hate the feel/taste of those little flat wooden spoons and knives you get -- or maybe used to get -- at some ice-cream shops and fry trucks? I haven't seen those in a long time. But I remember hating them. Or popsicle sticks. That damp wood.

Speaking of napkin jibblies -- anyone else hate the feel/taste of those little flat wooden spoons and knives you get -- or maybe used to get -- at some ice-cream shops and fry trucks? I haven't seen those in a long time. But I remember hating them. Or popsicle sticks. That damp wood.

I thought I was the only one. Yeah, those wooden things creep me out. Tongue depressors at the doc too. I think it's a fear of splinters. This is giving me goose bumps as I type.

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

• 2 weeks later...

I go to school with a girl that does this in class. First she does the "spoon fellatio" thing that browniebaker described, where she takes the spoon in and out of her mouth with the food still on it, (while eating yogurt) and then when she gets everything out she can with the spoon, she proceeds to raise the container to her mouth and performs cunnilingus on the yogurt container until she has removed every last gram of yogurt from it. It's distracting, and not in a good way - tongues in the mouth please.

I thought I was the only one. Yeah, those wooden things creep me out. Tongue depressors at the doc too. I think it's a fear of splinters. This is giving me goose bumps as I type.

Same here!! I hate the taste and feel of wood in my mouth .. only the occasional toothpick dares enter ... :laugh: and then must depart rapidly once it's job is complete!! :hmmm:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

I go to school with a girl that does this in class.  First she does the "spoon fellatio" thing that browniebaker described, where she takes the spoon in and out of her mouth with the food still on it, (while eating yogurt) and then when she gets everything out she can with the spoon, she proceeds to raise the container to her mouth and performs cunnilingus on the yogurt container until she has removed every last gram of yogurt from it.  It's distracting, and not in a good way - tongues in the mouth please.

For a "newbie" as you called yourself, you've got quite a way with words!!

Kudos on your highly erotic descriptive powers!! :laugh: adorable!!

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

Haha, my descriptive powers are obviously deficient, because what I witnessed nearly every day for the last two semesters was anything but erotic! It looked more like one of the lizard people from "V" if you remember that great 80's miniseries. :wacko:

Tongue eaters? What about tongue drinkers? You know, the kind that lick the edges of their glasses to lap up the very last bead of liquid.... Yuck!!!

I was doing this once, completely unaware, while sipping Sambuca. Another woman told me later that every guy in the room was watching the show. :raz:

I went to culinary school with a model. She used to bring tiny... lit-tle... teeny..... tiny.... pieces of fruit for her "dinner" during the weekly night class. One night, she brought a mango...all cut up like you do so it comes out in little squares when you bend the skin back? And she was eating this mango before class began and all the men in the class were like.... :shock: ......:blink: ..... :unsure: ........ :wink: ....... :hmmm: ........and..... :cool:

:laugh: She had the tongue thing going...the slurpy thing going...oy!!