• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TDG: Liquid Literature

Dave the Cook

Jim Cowan, famously known as "Florida Jim" across the Internet, has attained almost legendary status for his poetic tasting notes that lovingly describe the pleasures of people, food, and wine. The Daily Gullet is pleased to have Jim join us on a regular basis with his new column "Liquid Literature."

In a world where we are called upon to be precise, literal, and objective in virtually every occupation we choose, a glass of wine can transport us into the subjective and open-ended. We can be as children; ignoring the limitations imposed by age and filled with the wonder that makes for rewarding memories.

Get a taste of Florida Jim . . .

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.

Jim,

I am thrilled and delighted that you're getting this recognition. I love your work, and I think it's just awesome that you have a Room of Your Own, so to speak.

My most heartfelt congratulations to you, sir.

Signed,

Your biggest flan

Jim,

I am thrilled and delighted that you're getting this recognition. I love your work, and I think it's just awesome that you have a Room of Your Own, so to speak.

My most heartfelt congratulations to you, sir.

Signed,

Your biggest flan

"Me mudder tanks you, me fodder tanks you, . . ."

But seriously, thanks for reading.

Best, Jim

www.CowanCellars.com

Nicely done, Jim. I still can't believe both times I've been to Banner Elk, NC, you haven't been there. But I know our paths will cross at some point.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero

Enjoyed your postsand glad they are here to stay [ at least formally ]

Staying off the main road and maintaining a fresh attitude is something to look up to.

Congratulations.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.