• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cheese tasting menu

You're welcome! Are young ripened cheeses legal in Canada? Here in the US is it SUPPOSED to be illegal. Some are of course readily available. Maybe the goverment fears riots over cutting off the Epoisse supply. :shock:

Lisa K

Lavender Sky

"No one wants black olives, sliced 2 years ago, on a sandwich, you savages!" - Jim Norton, referring to the Subway chain.

Are young ripened cheeses legal in Canada?

Yes.

And so is absinthe.

We're hopped up and we're thinking yis don' look so tuff down there, eh? We're gonna bring yis some cheese an' ye'll like it, bygod.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Since you live in Canada check out the great Vancouver cheese shop Les Amis Du Fromage. They ship (I think) and have a vast array of Canadian and imported cheeses, including raw milk cheeses imported from France.

The web site is http://www.buycheese.com/. The shop is run by some very helpful people. If you do not have a local cheese monger I would call their toll free phone number and find out about their shipping prices and policies. I have bought cheese from them for years and they are extremely knowledgable and helpful.

Life is short, eat dessert first