• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eating in the 2nd, Paris

Freckles

Hello:

I founded a dinner group here in Paris. Each month, 7 friends and I take turns trying to find a reasonably-priced, fun place to dine in a different arrondissement. (This month, we ate in the 20th at a great little local spot called La Table de Julie. Would recommend it to anyone wanting good, simple french cooking with a few glasses of wine, for a lovely price!)

For June, it's my turn to find a restaurant in the 2nd. Goal is to go somewhere that main course and glass or two of wine cost less than 30 Euros. I know that there are countless such restaurants, but want to know YOUR FAVOURITES that fit this description in the 2nd.

Any cuisine. Any atmosphere. Please just me what it's called and why you like it.

Thanks.

Serena

Hope it's still around. Right across the street from Grand Velfour(sp) on Rue Beaujolais. Reflets de Scene(sp). Had a few meals there last year. Nice owner, good food not too expensive.

If possible at least check it out and let me know if it is still there.

Thanks.

PS I love your city. I read Balzac and Zola just to get my Paris fix.

Edited by "T" (log)

slowfood/slowwine

Pan:

What is it with that area? I remember seeing so many Japanese restaurants around there and Rue Richelieu.

Not a complaint, just a comment.

slowfood/slowwine

I don't know, T. It's a business district with a lot of office workers who go home to other neighborhoods at night, but it's got a real Asian flavor - primarily Japanese but also Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, Cambodian, even an Indian restaurant or two (but I can't vouch for their authenticity). Seems to be a real Japanese businessmen's hangout, though, with some private Japanese businessmen's clubs around...

Michael aka "Pan"