• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Defunct Nightclubs

pjs

I don t know about limelights history prior to 1998, but in the years that i ve lived here its closed about 5 times, I was there prior to all the bottle service/vip crap and it had its moments bc you could get completely lost, plus they had really cool bathrooms that you could see through,,,,,

I m assuming most of you know that Palladium is now the name of yet another NYU dormitory,,,,,,,,,,, not a huge surprise since they snatch up every piece of land they can, thank god they didnt get to make that tall montronsity that wouldve towered over washington square,,,,,, greedy $*)#_ corporation!

"Is there anything here that wasn't brutally slaughtered" Lisa Simpson at a BBQ

"I think that the veal might have died from lonliness"

Homer

China Club is a tourist hellhole.

HA! :biggrin:

Like I said...I used to drink free. So , about one hour after I would arrive, I wouldn't even remember where I was....:shock:

Plus, there were occasional good local DJ's there.

Certain Friday's were Latin night........oh my. That's all I have to say.