• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

next colorado gathering?

I've been in touch with Miss Mongo. (S)he says... I thought we agreed to compromise on 7:30; way back, long ago? Something about the horror of leaving the restaurant, having already eaten, and it's still light out?

7:30 sounds good to me, as well. Could we agree to 7:30 PM?

I've been in touch with Miss Mongo. (S)he says... I thought we agreed to compromise on 7:30; way back, long ago?

So where is Miss Mongo anyway? Burnt out from that massive blog he "wowed" us with a couple of weeks ago?

7:30 is fine for me too.

“When I was dating and the wine list was presented to my male companion, I tried to ignore this unfortunate faux pas. But this practice still goes on…Closing note to all servers and sommeliers: please include women in wine selection. Okay?”--Alpana Singh, M.S.-"Alpana Pours"

I've been in touch with Miss Mongo. (S)he says... I thought we agreed to compromise on 7:30; way back, long ago?

So where is Miss Mongo anyway? Burnt out from that massive blog he "wowed" us with a couple of weeks ago?

7:30 is fine for me too.

I've sent you a PM...

Ack -- we three won't be able to make it after all, due to sudden a influx of family and resulting juggled travel plans. It's almost enough to make one long for the slow, dark days of winter.

(But not really.)

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...

It's almost here!!!!

Saturday at 7:30 at Dalat. Fred, do we have a reservation/did we speak to them about seating configuration? By my count we are 14, unless Katzenjammy can be persuaded to jump back in. I also noticed some newbies to our board. If anyone is interested in joining us, a group of egulleteers is heading out for an outing at Dalat on Saturday evening. This is the second outing for some, first for others and all are welcome.

Yes, we have a reservation. for 14 at 7:30, and I told them that I would call to amend the number later in the week if need be. Should we all confirm ourselves to double check the count? we are at 15 by your count, plus mtdew, I think.

On seating configuration, I haven't made much progress. Steve, the manager, says Saturday nights are busy--he is afraid that a large square (like 4 or 6 4-tops all pushed together with 3 or 4 people on each of the 4 sides) will take up too much room and too many tables. The traditional long rectangle, like we had at clay Oven is an option, as is 2 tables, 7 or 8 people at each. I convinced him to say he would keep an open mind towards a square table, but I don't think he meant it.

Fred Bramhall

A professor is one who talk's in someone else's sleep

Ugh. I can't make it. I'm in the throws of writing 300 reviews for two Zagat books, including both America's Top Hotels and America's Top Restaurants, so my Saturday night is now all about the J.W. Marriott and Mirepoix. I'll have to live vicariously through all of you. Have fun!

-Midson-

A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart, who looks at her watch

-James Beard-

I'm still in for two (Robin & Mr. Shy Husband of Robin).

“When I was dating and the wine list was presented to my male companion, I tried to ignore this unfortunate faux pas. But this practice still goes on…Closing note to all servers and sommeliers: please include women in wine selection. Okay?”--Alpana Singh, M.S.-"Alpana Pours"

Unfortunately, we aren't going to be able to make it. My wife made plans for that night already. Hopefully next time.

Brian Hoffmeyer

"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."

nice to see everyone again last night--i'll have the pictures up in a bit. the food was as good as the company. we're now thinking of visiting the vietnamese drag on federal on a regular basis--though we might need to go through da-lat's menu a little more thoroughly first.

so, how are all the chilli eaters doing? my fingers etc. were still tingling quite late into the night.