• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dining with Fido

Mrs. P

Ooh! Plus, they have cinnamon mints in the bathroom. I forgot about that!

Do they have trees or fire hydrants in the bathroom? :biggrin:

Love,

Mr. Roger Troutman, who enjoys food and beverages.

CHAIR, INTERNATIONAL DINING RESEARCH INSTITUTE

WASHINGTON, D.C.

• 1 month later...

bump

Thought of all you doggie dining people Friday night. I had to dine at Chef Geoff's on New Mexico Ave.

The outside seating had a number of people with their pooches. The dogs were all under the table or right near their owner's side. Far enough away that I forgot about them.

So if you are willing to try Chef Geoff's, which was hit and miss, take your pooch and enjoy this early fall weather.

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

i'm assuming that this doesn't apply to working dogs... i would be interested in the rationale for this law. and don't tell the dog behind the bar at tune inn about this!

As a general rule working dogs are allowed anywhere their people can go. :cool: However, this is also dependent on the good behavior of the working dog -- and its person!

Judith Love

North of the 30th parallel

One woman very courteously approached me in a grocery store, saying, "Excuse me, but I must ask why you've brought your dog into the store." I told her that Grace is a service dog.... "Excuse me, but you told me that your dog is allowed in the store because she's a service dog. Is she Army or Navy?" Terry Thistlewaite

As a general rule working dogs are allowed anywhere their people can go. :cool: However, this is also dependent on the good behavior of the working dog -- and its person!

Almost all dogs (working and other) I have seen in outdoor dining areas or bars were extremely well behaved and totally below the radar. In fact things like loud cars/trucks, sirens and screaming kids are much more noticeable!!!

Edited by Minister of Drink (log)

"Whenever someone asks me if I want water with my Scotch, I say, 'I'm thirsty, not dirty' ". Joe E. Lewis