• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Indian Street-food dinner

Tweaked,mhberk, vandyhoo, bbhasin? How is the date looking. I do hope that you guys can make it?

Mark? Mike? others.. would love to see all of you!

I can't make a committment until I find out the playoff schedule for my soccer league, which probably won't be released until the week of the event. Sorry. But I do want to attend if there is a last minute spot!

I'm in. Just won't eat the rest of the month :smile:

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

I emailed you directly as well, but wanted to get to you as soon as possible to let you know that I will definitely be there! I'm still waiting to hear from my office- mates on whether they will be coming as well, and I'm told they'll know definitely by tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to meeting you--and other members of egullet! :biggrin:

Tweaked,mhberk, vandyhoo, bbhasin? How is the date looking. I do hope that you guys can make it?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. My anniversary is on the 20th so we are going to Morimoto (Iron Chef Japan's restaurant in Philadelphia) and a hotel on the 19th. The following week we will be in Cape May, so I don't think we have the budget for this event right now. Defenitely count me in for the next one!!

(Sitting for lamb chops)

Lamb: Ple-e-e-se Li-i-i-sa I thought you lo-o-o-oved me, lo-o-o-oved me

Marge: Whats Wrong Lisa? Cant get enough lamb chops?

Lisa: I can't eat this, I can't eat a poor little lamb.

Homer: Lisa get a hold yourself, that is lamb, not A lamb.

Okay - we are all confirmed. We have 40 so far and about 5 seats open. Since this is an eG thing.. he will be CLOSING the restaurant for regular patrons and we will have the whole place to ourselves. Chef is requesting no last minute cancellations... since the whole place is reserved for us :smile:

If you need anymore information please feel free to PM or email me. I will post more shortly

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice

So far -- June 13th 2004; 5:00 pm

stacie +2

cjsadler + txaggie

tomdc+1

bilrus+1

bbq

jpw +1

babka +2

monica + 3 + 3

malawry

edward+1

mktye+1

laniloa

vandyhoo +1

andi +1

squids

mnebergall +1

dcfoodie +1

Otello +5

mdt

Amol + 5 (from DCfoodies.com)

BBhasin +2

Redfox+1

We are at 55 + 2 folks who called the Chef directly

Edited: to update the list

Edited by Monica Bhide (log)

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice

I emailed you directly as well, but wanted to get to you as soon as possible to let you know that I will definitely be there! I'm still waiting to hear from my office- mates on whether they will be coming as well, and I'm told they'll know definitely by tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to meeting you--and other members of egullet! :biggrin:

squids -- has anyone let you know about this yet?

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice

Our computer crashed and I've been without for a few days! The latest--2 of the 4 will be Kayaking in WVA so won't be back in time, although they tried really hard to see if they could make it. The other 2 said no, due to the time needed for a response...I'll check back with you to see if any space is left, if anything changes. I was also hoping I still might sway my husband into coming along...I do understand if the spots fill up before he makes up his mind, though! :laugh: I guess I'll be on my own...