• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave the Cook

Golden Gully Awards: Round Twenty

4 posts in this topic

It ain't just Poetry/Guitar/Anxiety/Humor/Garden/Math Awareness/Welding Month! Oh, the Food Holidays in April . . .

Check here for results Monday, Wednesday and Friday of this week.

Congratulations to this round's winners!

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.

Just wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying the honors of my new office. Here's a big shout-out to my crew, my pheline, and my Mom who emailed me to tell me I had natural talent. Oh Mom! you'll read anything.

A special thank you to maggiethecat -- your contest was the wings to my wind and the words beneath my music. Davethecook, you made me believe in myself -- even when I was unbelievable.

Thank you all so very, very much.

My fantasy? Easy -- the Simpsons versus the Flanders on Hell's Kitchen.

What is this, the Oscars?

:rolleyes:

:laugh:

What is this, the Oscars?

Heck no! A Golden Gully is much more prestigious, the acceptance speeches are shorter and better written, and the prize is a cookbook, not some silly doorstop in the form of a naked dude.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0