• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Striking Accord in Mount Pleasant

I wish that there was a place like Tonic in Loudoun County. I'd be there this evening if there was. Or if I lived a little closer to the city. It almost feels like my patriotic duty to go there on a day like today.

I'd love to hear about the dishes they serve and anything else that is discussed that furthers food discussion on eGullet. Either in this forum or by PM, if necessary.

Edited by bilrus (log)

Bill Russell

As somebody who lives in Virginia but may be visiting the Federal District at some point in the near future, I have a question for the locals: Is Tonic walkable from Columbia Heights metro, or should I cab it from Woodley Park?

It's very walkable (i've made the trek once) - it's about 3-4 blocks from Columbia Heights metro. West on Irving, right on Mt Pleasant road, Tonic's on the right side of the road.

I'd love to hear about the dishes they serve and anything else that is discussed that furthers food discussion on eGullet.  Either in this forum or by PM, if necessary.

Same here. It's sounds like a delightful place. I had planned to be there tonight but alas, something came up.

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

I'd love to hear about the dishes they serve and anything else that is discussed that furthers food discussion on eGullet.  Either in this forum or by PM, if necessary.

Same here. It's sounds like a delightful place. I had planned to be there tonight but alas, something came up.

Indeed! Don't you hate it when real life gets in the way of important things like reading, chewing and discussing????

Still... I need to get myself over there and to Red Bean. It's really not that far from Van Ness.

Jennifer

I wish that there was a place like Tonic in Loudoun County.

The closest thing to Tonic I can think of in Loudoun County is King's Court Tavern, in downtown Leesburg. Although when I lived there, TGI Friday's seemed to be the most popular neighborhood hangout :wacko:

Love,

Mr. Roger Troutman, who enjoys food and beverages.

CHAIR, INTERNATIONAL DINING RESEARCH INSTITUTE

WASHINGTON, D.C.