• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2003 Benessere Rosato

beans

I am a lucky recipient of a gift bottle of wine. :smile: Even better, one from my employer!

This Rosato di Sangiovese is a lovely colour and a mere 12 cases were available for the ordering (I suppose allotted to the Cleveland area). Not quite red, and a wee bit more than to be really deemed as a "pink" hue.

Anyone try this vino?

Now there's a winery name you don't see that often. Benessere is one of those Napa Valley wineries that does an above average job with sangiovese - either in the rosso or rosato form. But it's been years since I've even seen a bottle of the stuff.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero