• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Per Se Fire, Reopening, Rescheduling

ellenesk

After fervishly redialing for one hour, was able to snag a reservaiton for Per Se for this evening. Just received a call saying they are closed due to an electrical problem. Any suggestions for 6 people dressed and ready to go?

Admin: Please help ellenesk find a restaurant, and discuss last-minute fine dining in this thread Discuss away about the electrical failure right here. :cool:

Edited by slkinsey (log)

NY Times on the fire.

/pst... Steve, I agree.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Funny how the article ends by listing the prices of Keller's menus...

I was thinking the same thing when I read it. I am pretty sure that I have never seen a news article (especially in the august NYT) that ends with an advertisement.

Good for them I guess, although I don't really think they need the help. People are so hot to eat in that place that they would have sat through the fire if the smoke wasn't too thick to see the plates. :laugh:

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

People are so hot to eat in that place that they would have sat through the fire if the smoke wasn't too thick to see the plates. :laugh:

Ha ha ha. :laugh:

That's great. And that's true.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Quote:The only two ways we are going to fail is if the building is a flop,or if we fail as a team. :shock:

Let it be known now,that if their not open by early next month the New York Post will read.

Deranged upstate man runs thru street naked mumbling something about oysters and pearls. :blink:

Robert R

FYI, Per Se now has a recording on the main number saying it will not be honoring any reservations between now and March 1. Also said they would call and reschedule those reservations when they have a reopen date. Hope they do, as I was supposed to go tonight. :sad:

Andrew

I can only speculate how long the down time will be if that Bonnet stove has to be replaced.

i didn't get that the stove had to be replaced from any of the articles that i've seen.. sure it got wet.. 'doused' in fact, but it'll dry, no??

Well let us hope not

I'm only saying they're likely to be closed a lot longer if it has to be replaced.

Robert R

Has anyone actually gotten a call cancelling the reservation?

I have a res for the 4th of March and am travelling up from DC (primarily because of this reservation). My anticipation is that I am out of luck, but I'm curious about how they are handling rescheduling those who are being shut out.

I'd like to have the option of rescheduling sometime outside the 60 day window and not just be assigned a date of their choosing.

Bill Russell

Yes; a very polite and apologetic young woman called me on Sunday afternoon to let me know that they wouldn't be able to honor my reservation for tonight, and promised that they would call me back to reschedule as soon as they knew when they would be re-opening.

By the way, the NY Times put the article about the fire on the front page.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

I have a res for the 4th of March and am travelling up from DC (primarily because of this reservation). My anticipation is that I am out of luck, but I'm curious about how they are handling rescheduling those who are being shut out.

I'd like to have the option of rescheduling sometime outside the 60 day window and not just be assigned a date of their choosing.

If Per Se bumps you, give me a call. I'll buy you a burger. (No foie gras or short ribs, though, just fat and meat.)