• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Leftover Grain Mustard

rajsuman

Funny, that you all should mention it, if my bong friends like it, why arent they going ga-ga over wasabi? I, for one dope on wasabi as if it was going to be extinct tomorrow. If it is the nasal high that turns one on, give me wasabi anyday! Much better than Elmac's Kasondi. And I know several better versions made in houses.

And yes Rajsuman, spread it on sandwiches!or even dosas!

I fry by the heat of my pans. ~ Suresh Hinduja

http://www.gourmetindia.com

Beer Drinker, try this one day:

Take an Olive remove the red pepper stuff and replace it with a thick paste slug of wasabi.

Make a martini the usual way. There is no usual way but nevertheless!

Sip it slowly and let the wasabi do it's stuff. Call my Korean SIL and ask her to partake of it.

Ummmmm! Ummmmahhh!

I fry by the heat of my pans. ~ Suresh Hinduja

http://www.gourmetindia.com

Ismail Merchant uses mustard (including the type you're describing) in a whole range of dishes, one that we've been cooking regularly is a kind of stuffed and pan-fried okra.

Granted, his style is only three-quarters Indian, but the no-nonsense 20-minutes-tops recipes are big favorites with me.

don't want to go too far off topic, but episure

Take an Olive remove the red pepper stuff and replace it with a thick paste slug of wasabi.

Make a martini the usual way.

thanks for that! i'm glad to find some creative drinking going on. so far, the only resources i've found on cocktails from the indian pantry are tulleeho.com, which mongo mentioned, and s. basu's book, which is still in the mail. too bad, there's a lot of good stuff in the cabinet with which to make really delicious drinks.