• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fairfield CT Garlic Fest

Janedujour

Hey Fellow eGulleters:

Don't miss the annual Fairfield Garlic Festival this weekend: Friday Apr. 30-Sunday May 2nd . It's held at Notre Dame High School grounds at 220 Jefferson St. Fairfield CT(203.374-4053) Friday 5-11 pm, Sat 12-11pm and Sun 12-6pm.

I will be there introducing my new little Company "SNOOTYFOOD" (snobby cuisine in a tub!) and my first item: Multi-Tasking Garlic Herb Butter. for yummy garlic bread, pasta, veggies, everything. All organic too. It's REALLY GOOD. ( You know, when you're rushing to make pasta and salad for dinner and want some garlic bread too but just don't want to take the time to chop the garlic and herbs and soften the butter so you buy that crappy stuff in foil in the grocery store?)

I haven't been posting because I have been super busy with this project and my "day" job at an insurance company.

When I have more time I'll tell you my life story in the "Bio" section but for now I just want to say THANKS to you guys for letting me feel like I maybe could actually one day end up doing something for a living that has to do with food/cooking , my true love.

Hope to see you local folks there. There will be a tent, so even if it rains you have no excuse!

P.S. Sometime soon I (prob next week) I want names of about 20 of you to be my guinea pigs and I will send you samples to try(Jason and Fat Guy, you're already on my list!)

Jane

JANE

My family loves all things garlic and I wish we could make the event, but my kids have a drum corps competition this weekend.

I hope other E-gulletters will go...

I volunteer our family to be on your guinea pig list!

Best of luck Jane,

Trish

Thanks Trish! I'll get your info next week. There's also the CT Herb Fest in Coventry on June 6th  that should be fun and I'll be there too.

Change that Herb Fest date to June 5th.

GOOD NEWS! I sold every tub of my Snootyfood organic garlic herb butter (snobby cuisine in a tub!) at the Fairfield(CT) Garlic Fest! We bought a cheap toaster oven because they had power in the tent, and made little samples of garlic bread and the aroma drew people to us. We had to turn people away when we sold out! It was a big hit and even other vendors were buying it! It was my first event so I'm really excited... :rolleyes:

I can't make any more till this Sunday (at a friend's restaurant) and then I'll be sending samples to some of you.

Thanks to the eGullet folks who stopped by!

JANE