• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Why some restaurant customers should be shot

DCMark

I suspect that some stoney-sided person has a little too much time on their hands.

However, many other possibilities passed through my mind of the real hipster-foodie author of this. :hmmm:

It's actually kind of scary how many of you I could think of that might have done it. Where's Hercule Poirot when you need him?

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

Jiminy Xmas! This is like one of those "Dear Abby" hoax letters. Nobody could really be this ... this ... this way.

If I were Tom I would have banned her.

Edit to add: Ah, good, it apparently was a gag.

A lot of inside jokes and agendas within that question which regular chatters can appreciate. Very well-done.

Dignan my old friend, where ya been?

We miss you at the other forums.

I let Jsmeeker tell me where to eat in Vegas.

"Old Town, Alexandria, Va.: Please help! We're celebrating my birthday this weekend...

Wow!

Finally I found someone else just like me!! I totally agree... except I only eat boneless skinless chicken tenders and they HAVE TO BE served with ranch (Wish-Bone, only, please).

I do disagree with you on one thing, I don't eat any of the vegetables you mentioned. The only vegetables I eat are corn (canned and creamed only, please) and potatoes (french fries or tater tots only, please).

Methinks Steve Klc is right. If you deconstruct this one, it is just too perfect, especially if you regularly follow Tom's chats. Starting with the first line - it has to be a birthday celebration this weekend. Though usually it will be more like "today is my husband's 50th birthday and I want to take him out for a memorable dinner tonight with our ten closest family and friends who are flying in from all over the world for the occasion - any ideas?". Ever think of planning ahead? I also love "price is not a factor, but please no $100 per person meals".

My favorite hipster foodie post, I think, was the one many chats back who really had Tom going (mixed group, picky eaters, this ethnic ok, this ethnic not ok, waterfront view please! and a couple gripes about repetitious reccomendations thrown in for good measure) until the last line: something about "Oh, and one side of my body is significantly shorter than the other, so the restaurant needs to be able to accomodate that."

Tom's chats seem to be getting rowdier and rowdier. Love it.

Mark, are you sure you REALLY want to be an eG member?

Jason, did you see, he had clipped it from 'Chat', it was not his opinion :biggrin:

Martial.2,500 Years ago:

If pale beans bubble for you in a red earthenware pot, you can often decline the dinners of sumptuous hosts.

Mark, are you sure you REALLY want to be an eG member?

Jason, did you see, he had clipped it from 'Chat', it was not his opinion :biggrin:

Oh, unsophisticated me.

Do these things really go on? :laugh:

Martial.2,500 Years ago:

If pale beans bubble for you in a red earthenware pot, you can often decline the dinners of sumptuous hosts.

And Pizza Hut has buffalo wing pizza.

Does anyone have any of that Purell antibacterial gel?

somehow, that juxtaposition is wretched.

but made even more so by the fact that Pizza Hut has bleu cheese dipping sauce for the pizza....

:shock:

Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training.

Anna Freud

Don't listen to these meanies DC MARK. Come to Nectar, Jamison and I will put together a 35 course degustation menu to rival El Bulli. I was thinking a tasting of every Gerber Baby Puree expertly paired to flights of different mineral waters.

Eh. I can get that at home. :wink::laugh:

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

Jiminy Xmas!  This is like one of those "Dear Abby" hoax letters.  Nobody could really be this ... this ... this way. 

If I were Tom I would have banned her.

Edit to add:  Ah, good, it apparently was a gag. 

A lot of inside jokes and agendas within that question which regular chatters can appreciate. Very well-done.

Dignan my old friend, where ya been?

We miss you at the other forums.

Methinks you seek a different Dignan... While I'll admit I'm likeable, I've not been on eGullet long enough to be missed, and I don't really participate on other boards.

Thanks for the thought, though.

I have the perfect image of that poster as Meg Ryan's character in When Harry Met Sally.

Even Sally wasn't that bad. :biggrin:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol