• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your favorite internet food source!

foodobsessed

Living in Northern NJ, we get a little spoiled when it comes to availablity. Need Foie Gras? Drive to D'artagnan in Newark. Chocolate? La Maison du Chocolat is a quick drive to the city. Cheese, bread, gourmet items are all close (Artisinal, Hudson Bread Co., Dean and Deluca) But there are still two things I crave...

Nueske's bacon

Peet's coffee

Throw in some fresh eggs from Bobolink and it's breakfast time....

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite site for spices

Penzeys

Great stuff and much less expensive than the grocery store. Sometimes they include free 1/4 cup size samples with your order.

“Everything you see I owe to spaghetti.”

Sophia Loren

And a site for some things french.

The human mouth is called a pie hole. The human being is called a couch potato... They drive the food, they wear the food... That keeps the food hot, that keeps the food cold. That is the altar where they worship the food, that's what they eat when they've eaten too much food, that gets rid of the guilt triggered by eating more food. Food, food, food... Over the Hedge

Cheese from Formaggio Kitchen.

I second Formaggio Kitchen. I love cheese, and I live in the middle of nowhere. I've ordered from Formaggio several times, and they are professional, courteous, and know their product. I've never been disappointed. They even went out of their way to track down a package that I feared had been lost on the day I had a party planned and the cheese from Formaggio was the main course!

I recommend them heartily. Mmmmm.... cheese!

Fresh picked fruit, covered in chocolate and shipped overnight in a chilled container to your door from Bissingers. I think their chocolate covered blackberry season is just ending.

--mark

Everybody has Problems, but Chemists have Solutions.

• 4 weeks later...