• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

looking for airport/Wilmington recommendation

sagestrat

My husband is meeting a colleague, who is flying into Philly and heading toward Baltimore by car, for dinner Sunday evening. He like to meet him for dinner either at the airport (Marriott is probably the only option) or along 95 toward or in Wilmington (maybe the Green Room). He's looking for something that would have good fish or vegetarian options. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jennifer

market bistro/restaurant 821 @ 821 market st. in willmington. you can check their menu out at their website, plus i've been there w vegetarians and as long as you let them know when you make the res, they will make entrees for you if there's nothing available

"i bet you smell like strawberry ice cream... the good kind" - e.dunn

If you're the type who cherishes simple but refined seafood in its best regional expressions -- imported oysters on half shell, "naked" lobster roasted in melted butter, sushi, crab cakes, cioppino, fried softshells -- in a nicely refined (but very noisy) setting, you'll love Harry's. Be sure to try the tartare of big eye tuna and yellowtail. Other-worldly

• 6 months later...

Feby's Fishery

3701 Lancaster Pike, Wilmington, DE

We’ve been here many times. Not often you can get bluefish, and other delectable fish specials. The fish is always cooked juicy, in a wharf-like setting. The available fish of the day is on the chalk board, as is a daily special. Any of the fish can be cooked any way you like it (grilled, baked, fried). The lunch crunch starts around 12:20, earlier and you will have the dining room to yourself.

If you want some good seafood in town, I recommend this well run place, and not some faceless chain.

And if you want to bring fresh fish home, there’s a fishmonger attached next door.

It's a few steps below deep blue - downtown - but very good.