• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Le Creuset French Ovens In Summer

Blondelle

These as we know are wonderful for braises, long slow cooking, and heartier fall and winter fare such as stews and roasts. What types of recipes do you make in yours though, when the weather is hot and humid and you don't want to heat your kitchen for such long cooking times? They are so pretty and wonderful to cook with that I hate to retire mine for months. I've just acquired several, and I'm looking for ideas for spring and summer cooking in them.

heat up your Weber and stick the pot in there. :biggrin:

Although charcoal gives better flavor for grilling, gotta love the ease of using the propane grill as an oven.

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

Since I'm out of cabinet room, I keep several LC pots on top of the kitchen cabinets in the space between the top of the cabinets and the ceiling. The shiny red looks good with the cookbooks, baskets, wine and other stuff I keep up there, and it reminds me to use them as much as possible.

In the summer I use them manly for soups and bean dishes.

Rhonda

ratatouille and other vegetable melanges....

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"