• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

An interface between the two languages

Hiroyuki

As you may already be aware, I was deciding about buying a Kezuriki (see my post in the forum) and I finally settled for the e-dashi one which should be in my hands quite soon :)

I looked at the following two web pages which describe the use and maintenance of the Kazuriki:

http://www.e-dashi.com/kezuriki/kezuriki.html

http://www.e-dashi.com/kezuriki/kezurikata.html

From the confusing Japanese – English translation of Google Chrome (by the way, are you aware of a better alternative?) what I got regarding the usage is:

1 wipe with a dry (absolutely not wet) cloth the dry bonito to remove excess mould

2 start cutting using an angle of approximately 45 degrees

3 if cuts are too thin or too thick adjust the blade (here the translation suggests that pieces of blade may fall into the bonito flakes if cut is too thick, I really hope it's a translation issue!!! :P)

Regarding the maintenance:

1 after use remove the oil and fat from the plane and remove the flakes from the blade (I may add, possibly without cutting my finger :P)

I would really appreciate if someone with a better knowledge of Japanese could verify whether I am missing some fundamental aspects of the cutting of the bonito and of the maintenance of this precious item :)

Thank you in advance for any help!

Cheers

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/13/2015 at 6:47 AM, GlorifiedRice said:

QitqJN6.gif

What are the carbs and fiber grams of this...TY

the only ingredient is banabá leaf

calories 194