• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Salad Nicoise

Dana

I'm hosting "the girls" on Saturday for our monthy lunch and chit-chat. I'm serving Salad Nicoise from Fine Cooking Sept. 2001. I've confit-d the tuna and will make the herbacious dressing recommended in the mag. It's really delish, but I'm not sure about a wine. I thought of a sparkler, as this is lunch, such as Frixienet, but maybe a Chenin Blanc or a Sauv. Blanc would be better. I like to expose my friends to as many wine varities as I can. Last time, I served Villa Maria Sauv. Blanc. and they really liked it. Any recommendations? I thank you and my friends thank you.

Stop Family Violence

I think you needs something with freshness, that can handle the oilyness of the fish, would suggest a dry spatlese from 2002, or possibly Rosata Arneis - Giacosa?

A meal without wine is... well, erm, what is that like?

I'm hosting "the girls" on Saturday for our monthy lunch and chit-chat. I'm serving Salad Nicoise from Fine Cooking Sept. 2001. I've confit-d the tuna and will make the herbacious dressing recommended in the mag. It's really delish, but I'm not sure about a wine. I thought of a sparkler, as this is lunch, such as Frixienet, but maybe a Chenin Blanc or a Sauv. Blanc would be better. I like to expose my friends to as many wine varities as I can. Last time, I served Villa Maria Sauv. Blanc. and they really liked it. Any recommendations? I thank you and my friends thank you.

Dana,

One of my favorite dishes.

I like Chablis or a lighter style pinot with Nicoise, myself, but the suggestions already made might make me rethink those choices.

Best, Jim

www.CowanCellars.com