• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants With Ocean View

claire797

Duke's Malibu is a great place to enjoy a meal with gorgeous views of the ocean. Go for their Sunday brunch...it's fun!

Malibu. :wub:

"He who distinguishes the true savour of his food can never be a glutton; he who does not cannot be otherwise."

Thoreau

I only know of that one Korean owned joint on the pier, to be honest, but all my friends and family go there. Not fancy, not the type of place where you sip wine and eat langoustine pasta, as the ocean laps the sand below your table. So for claire797's purposes, this may not be the best place, esp if there's money to burn.

But if you have hungry people who like Korean style sashimi (hwe) and soju, this place is pretty decent. I wouldn't say it's the most fabulous sashimi ever, but I like it for casual dining with friends. For some reason, we never get crab, don't ask me why because i love crab. My brother gets crab and loves it. Inexpensive.

As a child, I used to crack crab at a restaurant on the pier that had a deck jutting right over the water. It's gone now. Without that Korean place, I probably wouldn't even go to Redondo these days.

i'm pretty sure there's two of them--but i could be wrong. get the crab jschyun--it is really quite good. and no, it isn't the best sashimi in town but where else but at a korean seafood place are you going to be able to mix and match decent sashimi with steamed crab, and a spicy soup?

This is exactly what bro said. Hmm, looks like little bro could teach big sis a thing or two.

He said something about mixing crab and rice and something else in the crab shell (I'm saying this from memory--bad memory) and somehow he got this glorious pottage, the memory of which produced on his face a look of pure satisfaction.

I love cold Dinty Moore beef stew. It is like dog food! And I am like a dog.

--NeroW

This is exactly what bro said. Hmm, looks like little bro could teach big sis a thing or two.

He said something about mixing crab and rice and something else in the crab shell (I'm saying this from memory--bad memory) and somehow he got this glorious pottage, the memory of which produced on his face a look of pure satisfaction.

oh my lord--you mix the steamed rice in the shell with the crab juices and more importantly the brains! hawh hawh hawh (drooling like homer simpson). fortunately we'll be in l.a for 2 weeks soon and i'll be able to get my fix.

• 4 weeks later...
We're taking a quick trip to Los Angeles in late June.

LA in late June, eh.

Is it my imagination, or does that coincide with the Pillsbury Bakeoff Finals?????? You know, where one of the one-hundred finalists from all over the country will win a million bucks? THAT Pillsbury Bakeoff????? :rolleyes:

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.